Archive for Diet
The Lipid Hypothesis is based on a 50 year lie that almost no doctor, dietitian or nutritionist has even thought about disputing. The basic theory of the Lipid Hypothesis created by Biochemist Ancel Keyes in 1956 goes like this… eat a bunch of dietary fat and you will get high cholesterol and high cholesterol clogs your arteries and gives you heart disease.
Pretty solid point and easy to understand except that his theory and results were absolutely bogus.
So we as a society took what the media fed us and decided to stop eating fat and start consuming more wheat and polyunsaturated fats in the 1970′s. Instead of heart disease going down it became one of the top 3 causes of death in America.
Man has evolved over millions of years eating foods high in fats and high in protein, and the more recent introduction of agriculture has given us a huge change in the way we buy and consume food… and not so much in a good way. Certain vegetables are good and so are fruits but too many grains and the increased consumption of trans fats and polyunsaturated fats are far more dangerous. Although all the evidence and scientific research points to fats being healthy for you, especially in the assimilation of fat soluble vitamin, keeping hormone levels in check and helping to actually reduce fat on your frame, people are still being led to a deadly well.
Take a look at this short clip below from the movie “Fat Head” and you will see in humorous way how we have been duped by so called scientific research. As always leave a comment if you so desire.
The American food supply, especially our produce is so tainted with poison I’m shocked that more of us aren’t just falling over dead. The body is a pretty amazing machine if you think about it… we take in all this poison through our foods represented by pesticides and other chemicals and it takes a long time for us to die from exposure.
The organic movement has really started to help people become aware but still many people don’t know the extent of pesticides in our food supply and what we are consuming on a regular basis. Just as an example, 888 million lbs of pesticides are applied to our food every year… that’s 3lbs per person.
I don’t know about you but I knowing would never go out to Home Depot, pick up a bag of Cockroach Killer and plop a spoon full on my plant… and make it a part of my dietary intake. I think that’s really the problem. We have become so distanced from where our food comes from that we either don’t know or don’t care that there is poison in or on our food. Some fruits and vegetables have large amounts of pesticides and other chemicals and some don’t so I put together a short list of what you absolutely need to buy Organic and what you can save money on by buying it in the regular produce section.
This is just a short list but these foods are ones that I have received many e-mails about. If the foods is not on the list then be safe an buy organic. If you would like to know more about the pesticides and chemicals that are poisoning us, there is a great website called: http://www.whatsonmyfood.org/ Check it out and be better informed.
Soy has become the new bumper crop for the United States. Companies like Monsanto, Cargill and Soylife are getting very wealthy spewing the so-called health benefits of Soy and Soy based products on an unsuspecting and uninformed American public. Soy in being ingesting at an increasing rate and seems that there is no limit to how many processed products contain this supposed health food. The facts on the other hand tell a different story.
Some of the apparent “health” benefits of Soy, Soy Milk and Soy based products:
- Soy, Soy Milk and Soy based products are high in phytic acids which results in low absorption of certain minerals and vitamins.
- The level of phytoestrogen is high in soy milk, which decreases the testesterone present in the male body. It also affects the production of sperms. Phytoestrogen also leads to early puberty and early developments of adolescents. These are a few of the soy milk dangers for men.
- In females, soy milk can lead to abnormalities in the reproductive tract, which can give rise to infertility. These soy milk dangers for women should be taken care of, or else, they can become intense.
- Isoflavones present in Soy, Soy Milk and Soy based products cause diseases like leukemia and breast cancer.
- Soy, Soy Milk and Soy based products can also cause thyroid disorders like hypothyroidism and thyroid cancer. People who consume soy milk very often can suffer from autoimmune thyroid disease.
- The presence of toxic aluminum in soy milk can also affect the nervous system and the kidneys in a negative way.
- Soy, Soy Milk and Soy based products can also contribute to endometrial cancer in women.
- In some cases, it is also causes dizziness, diarrhea, nausea, colitis and may increase or decrease the pulse rate.
- Very often, soy milk causes runny nose and nasal congestion.
- Some of the Soy, Soy Milk and Soy based product dangers for children are learning disorders, attention deficit disorder, dyslexia, etc. It can also cause pancreatic and growth related problems.
- At times, the amount of manganese present in soy milk is large enough to cause damage to the cortex.
- Soy, Soy Milk and Soy based products can also develop allergies like congestion, coughing, sneezing, etc. in some people.
- Soy, Soy Milk and Soy based products also contributes to skin problems like sudden and severe eczema, acne, blisters, canker sores, swelling and hives.
- In severe cases, it can also cause a problem in swallowing and can also cause anaphylactic shock.
- Soy, Soy Milk and Soy based products can also affect the energy levels and sleep.
- The protein enzyme inhibitors present in Soy, Soy Milk and Soy based products, block the action of trypsin and enzymes which are required for protein digestion.
- In some cases, it can give rise to chronic pain. Mostly, people suffering from asthma are prone to these kind of disorders.
- If soy milk is consumed in large amounts, it can lead to stomach and digestive problems.
- Soy, Soy Milk and Soy based product estrogen is harmful for babies.
Any one of these “health” benefits would make me run away from Soy… which I did.
Take a listen to my commentary on Soy and it’s real dangers:
Click on the audio file below:
Here is a video I did a while back to teach all you “non” chefs out there how to cook chicken broth for protein. 50% of all the body’s protein is in your connective tissue, and so it is for the chicken.
Very important amino acids such as proline and glycine are abundant in homemade chicken broth made from Chicken Feet. Proline and glycine are amino acids that specifically help with brain function and sleep disorders. While not only having an abundant supply of proline and glycine there is no tryptophan and cysteine which are amino acids that facilitate the aging process in your joints and at the cellular level… not a good thing!
So take a gander at my video, it’s less than 15 minutes long and should be fairly entertaining… and tell me how yours turns out. If there are any questions please leave them in the comment section for me to answer.
This is part 2 of me cleaning out my cabinets with one catch… I decided to let you in on what foods I replaced all the bad stuff I threw away. Click below to start video… and as always don’t forget to leave a comment.